POSTPONED – LPPDE Europe 2021 Virtual Conference –Lean Innovation
Friday, May 21, 2021 Post-Conference Workshop
09:00AM – 17:00 EEST
Workshop: Lean Project Management
Norbert Majerus, majerus consulting inc – Lean Project Management
Full-day Virtual Workshop
Full-day workshop based on Norbert´s experience from Lean Driven Innovation and Lean Project management
Lean thinking can increase delivery, speed, and agility of all kinds of projects, and it helps motivate and engage people.
Although the chief engineer (or project manager) and matrix organizations are staples of a lean organization, few companies have taken advantage of other lean principles and tools when managing their projects. At Goodyear and as described in the book Lean-Driven Innovation, lean thinking combined with a solid project management organization has led to large increases in on-time delivery, speed, and agility. Projects meet their business case (profitable products) and resource utilization has been tripled despite a flat budget.
This Workshop teaches:
This workshop teaches how lean principles can help project execution, and it describes lean startup principles that help organizations transition new ideas into successful products. In addition to the process, the workshop also covers the appropriate way to manage people and lead project teams.
- The workshop focuses on the following topics:
- The prerequisites for successful lean project management
- The lean principles to improve delivery, speed, and agility
- Visual management and visible resource allocation
- Managing people and leading a project team in a lean environment
- Lean project management subjects, including managing projects in small increments, project management flow, resource allocation, late start, respect for people, agile management, visual project management, and daily stand-up meetings
By attending this workshop, what will attendees be able to do upon returning to work on Monday?
- Integrate lean principles into current projects
- Become a much more effective project manager
- Engage people — up and down the organization — and become a better team leader
Who should attend this session:
- Leaders, managers, and practitioners in R&D organizations
- Project managers and project team members
- People engaged in non-manufacturing processes (banks, insurances, healthcare, etc.)
Beginning in 2005, Norbert implemented a principles-based lean product development process at the three Global Innovation Centers of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. For more than a decade he was Goodyear’s lean champion in research and development.
Norbert, born and raised in Luxembourg, has a Master’s degree in Chemistry from the Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany. He joined Goodyear in Luxembourg in 1978, transferred to Akron in 1983, and has worked most disciplines in the Goodyear innovation centers in Luxembourg and Akron.
In 2016, Norbert published his first book, Lean-Driven Innovation (Norbert Majerus, CRC Press, 2016), which received the Shingo Research Award. Also in 2016, with Norbert’s guidance the Goodyear R&D organization applied for and received the AME Excellence Award. Norbert has spoken at many conferences in the United States and other countries. Since retiring from Goodyear in 2017, he continues to share his extensive lean expertise via norbert majerus consulting.
- Holds several Goodyear chairman and CTO awards
- Holds 60 U.S. patents and trade secrets, as well as numerous international patents
- Master blackbelt six sigma and master blackbelt in lean
- Featured speaker and popular teacher at many lean and innovation events
- Fluent in English, German. French, and Luxembourgish
- Work experience — innovation, new product design, equipment design, manufacturing, new product marketing and launch, new tire design, original equipment tire design, activity-based accounting, TQM, project management, ISO 9001 and other global OE quality standards, tire design standards, six sigma, lean innovation and lean product development